SHM PRESENTSBy Sam H Mah
Video: What is SEO?
Search engine optimization means optimizing websites for search engine spiders to rank it. This means that your website is search engine friendly and be discoverable.
You have not given any thoughts on how people will find your website! This means only that the website will stay at the very bottom of the search results. In other word, your website won't be easily found by the target customers.
Why should you make your website search engine friendly?
Over 80% online users arrive at a site from a search engine. This is search engine optimization explained by Common Craft.
- In collaboration with Search Engine Land imagine for a minute that you're a librarian but not a normal one your librarian for every book in the world people depend on you everyday to find the exact but they need.
- How do you do it? You need a system, you need to know what's inside every book and how books relate to each other your system needs to take an a lot of information and spit up the best answers for patrons questions it's not an easy job.
- Search engines like Google and Bing are the librarians on the Internet, their systems collect information about every page on the web, so they can help people find exactly what they're looking for in every search.
- Engine has a secret recipe call an algorithm for turning all that information into useful search results now if you own a website search results matter.
When your pages have higher rankings, they help more people find you. The key to higher rankings is making sure your website has the ingredients
- Search engines need for their recipe its this is called search engine optimization or SEO as it turns out most to the big ingredients are known let's take a look first words matter search engines account for every word on the web this way.
- When someone searches for shoe repair the search engines can narrow your results to only the pages that are about those words.
Second, titles matter each page on the web has an official title be you may not ever see it because it's in the code search engines pay a lot of attention to page titles, because the often summarized the page like a book's title
- Third, links between web sites matter when one web page links to another it's usually a recommendation telling readers this site has good information a web page with a lot of link is coming to it can look good to search engines, but some people try to for the search engines by creating or buying bogus links all over the web that point to their own website usually search engines can detect when a site has a lot of them 2:21 and the account for it by giving links from trustworthy sites more weight in the recipe.
- Fourth, the words that are used in links matter to you if your web page says amazon has lots of books and the word books is linked search engines can establish that Amazon dot com is related to the word books this way when someone searches for books that site will rank well.
- Lastly, search engines care about reputation site with a consistent record a fresh engaging content in growing numbers of quality links may be considered a rising stars and do well and search rankings these are just the basics and the recipes are refined and changed all the time.
- Good SEO is about making sure your website has great content that supported by the ingredients that search engines need for their recipes I'm leave the fever and this has been search engine optimization explained
What do you think of this SEO definition?
Most popular articles: